A significant body of literature exists on myopia development and progression, as well as treatment.
- Clinical Myopia Profile and Practitioner’s Guide to the Clinical Myopia Profile by Kate Gifford downloadable from http://www.myopiaprofile.com/ with registration.
- Myopia growth will have a domino effect worldwide by Vanessa Caceres EyeWorld Contributing Writer – ASCRS Eye World, The Newsmagazine of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery – October 2016.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). “Nearly 10 Million Adults Found to Be Severely Nearsighted in the United States.” ScienceDaily, 21 June 2016.
- Jong M, et al. Vision impairment in highly myopic eyes without ocular pathology: The ZOC-BHVI High Myopia Study. Presented at: Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology meeting; May 1-5, 2016; Seattle.
- Contact Lenses May Decelerate Myopia Among Kids
- Two Hours of Outdoors a Day Helps Keep Myopia Away by David A. Berntsen, OD, PHD, FAAO – Contact Lens Spectrum, Volume: 31, Issue: April 2016, page(s): 14,15
- Contact Lens Options for Myopia Progression Management – The Evidence Continues to Mount! (Research Review Column) by S. Barry Eiden, OD, FAAO – Contact Lens Spectrum Newsletter – December 20, 2015
- The Puzzling Rise in Nearsighted Children by Shirley S. Wang
- Go Play Outside, kids:’ Natural light reduces risk of nearsightedness in children, scientists say by Amy Ellis Nutt
- Myopia is a Disease People! by Clarke D. Newman OD, FAAO
- Contact Lens Update. Conference Highlights – Controlling the progression of myopia: A public workshop. November 14th, 2016